The George Luscombe Award for Mentorship recognizes an individual for “mentorship in theatre”. Revolutionary theatre founder and artistic director George Luscombe founded the Toronto Workshop Productions in 1959, marking the beginning of the Canadian alternative theatre movement. His 27 years at TWP marked the longest tenure of any artistic director in Canada. The George Luscombe Award is presented every two (2) years. The recipient, who is chosen by a designated committee, receives a framed print by Theo Dimson, a copy of the book Conversations with George Luscombe: Steven Bush in conversation with the Canadian Theatre visionary and a cash prize of $1,000 through the generous sponsorship of an anonymous donor.
The recipient will be chosen by the Selection Committee from nominations received from the TAPA membership.
Deadline for nominations: 5:00pm, Monday, April 1, 2019. Late submissions will not be accepted.
In order to nominate an individual for the Award, please submit the following information:
- Nominator Name, Title, Company, Phone and Email Address
- Nominee Name, Phone/ Email
- Nominee Bio
- Nominee Headshot or Photograph (if possible)
- Cover Letter: Why the nominee should be awarded the Award, (up to 2 pages)
- Testimonials: Letters/Paragraphs in support of the nominee, (up to 4 pages in total)
Other Ancillary Awards Now Accepting Nominations:
The Silver Ticket Award
The Leonard McHardy and John Harvey Award
Comments are closed.