Calling all arts leader - grow your professional network and skills needed to execute capital projects and renovations and more with the Creative Spaces Mentoring Network!
Through this mentoring program, ArtsBuild Ontario pairs you with an experienced professional for one-to-one learning around creative space projects. With the advice of a trusted mentor, arts leaders managing their facilities can tackle building projects with confidence!
Apply for a mentorship today!
Deadline to apply is Friday, November 16th 2018!
About the Program
Through the Creative Spaces Mentoring Network, leaders in Ontario’s arts community who are responsible for their spaces or capital related issues will have access to one-to-one learning with an experienced professional with knowledge and expertise related to their projects.
HOW IT WORKS
ABO will mentees with experienced mentors from their own or other relevant sectors. The mentoring teams will meet up to three hours monthly over 12 months to focus on furthering skills and knowledge related to managing the mentee’s creative space project.
Mentoring teams will benefit from a Kick-Off Workshop, Wrap-Up Webinar, as well as Training Materials and Webinars!
PROGRAM TOPIC AREAS
Your current creative space projects and related issues are at the centre of your mentorship. If you are planning projects around the following topic areas, a mentor who has been through the same project can help you make confident decisions, give advice and connect you with their network.
Topic Areas Include:
- Property management and leasing
- Capital campaigns & fund development
- Community relationships and strategic partnerships
- Marketing, communications and promotions
- Human resources
- Finances, fundraising and capital campaigns
- Community engagement
- Municipal and government relations
Deadline for Applications - Friday, November 16, 2018
- Application selection - November – December 2018
- Partner Matching - November 2018 – January 2019
- First Training Workshop - February 26, 2019
- Mentoring Sessions Begin - February 27, 2019
- Wrap Up Webinar - March 2020
How to Apply
1. Complete the Application Form - Deadline is November 16, 2018!
2. Record and email us a 1-2 minute video of yourself. Your video should tell us about your professional background and how the Creative Spaces Mentoring Network will benefit you.
3. Email a letter of support AND your video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are selected, you will need to sign a letter of agreement outlining roles and expectations. There is fee of $175 + HST to the mentees for participation.
More on the Program
Contact Alex Glass, Program & Assistant Executive Director at 519.880.3670 ext. 103 or email@example.com.