Deadline: December 6, 2020
The York Region Arts Council’s (YRAC) Micro-Grant Program (MGP) offers York Region-based artists and arts workers funding to produce and create their work. YRAC has identified a gap in the funding available to artists in York Region. We are committed to filling this gap by providing artists and arts workers with funding that will support their career development, offer opportunities for new work to be created, serve underrepresented communities, and advance professional arts in York Region.
To apply for MGP, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Identify as an individual artist, arts worker or ad hoc group/collective
- Be a practicing artist in any discipline by means of education or work experience
- Be an emerging, mid-career, or established artist
- Have more than 50% of your team residing in York Region
- Projects that will be completed by the end of 2021
What is fundable?
Applicants can apply for grants ranging from $500 to $3,000. Successful grants will be awarded on merit until the funding pool is exhausted. Grants are available to fund the costs associated with one or more of the following stages of work or projects:
- Planning: This includes any costs associated with the initial stages of developing a new work or project. This is perfect to cover the start-up costs of research needed to apply for larger grants, loans or other opportunities.
- Creation: This includes any costs associated with developing a new work or project. This can include materials, space, artist fees and marketing costs. Perfect for gap-funding of projects that need an extra boost to reach their goals.
- Presentation: This includes any costs associated with getting a project to market. This includes costs associated with the promotion, shipping of work and event planning. Perfect for completed work that needs to reach their audience through a show or exhibit.
Priority will be given to those who belong to YRAC's priority groups. Does more than 50% of the team leading the project identify with one or more of YRAC’s priority groups?
Applications from non-priority group artists will be considered.
The deadline for applications is December 6, 2020.
For more information and to apply, visit York Region Arts Council's website.
Posted by: York Region Arts Council
For more information: https://www.yorkregionartscouncil.com/grants