Deadline: Wednesday, November 13, 2019
Call for Original, Unproduced Plays/Musicals - Hamilton Fringe 2020
Prizes & Notification
- First place prize in the New Play Contest is a performance slot in the 2020 Hamilton Fringe Festival for the winning play, plus $300.00 CAD. The performance slot has no cash value and can’t be sold or transferred to another party. The winning playwright will be required to fill out and sign an Application Form and abide by all of the policies of The Hamilton Fringe Festival.
- The two runners up will each receive Fringe Binge Passes for the 2020 Hamilton Fringe Festival.
- The winning play and runners up will be announced on Friday December 13 2019 at the Hamilton Fringe Festival's Lottery Party.
Full Contest Rules & Regulations
NOTE: A panel of jurors will judge the plays and all entries will be anonymous.
- Open to all playwrights/writers.
- Only one entry per playwright is permitted.
- All entries must be original, unproduced plays or musicals. (Plays that have been workshopped or produced in student festivals within an academic context are eligible.)
- First time stage adaptations of other work from another medium are not eligible.
- Plays must be submitted in English.
- The playwright may have received funding to create or workshop this play.
- All plays must have a performance time of 60 minutes or less.
- The script must be type-written and uploaded as a PDF file. The file name must be the title of the play. Please include a title page with the play's title only, without the playwright’s name. Please do not include the playwright's name on the pages of the script, in footnotes, end notes, title page, appendices, etc.
- Playwrights who enter the New Play Contest may also enter the Fringe Festival lottery. If the first place playwright has also entered the Fringe Festival lottery, their Festival application will be removed from the lottery in advance of the draw and their application fee will be refunded.
- The winner must use their Fringe slot to produce the play that was submitted to the contest.
- The non-refundable entry fee ($35) can be paid online by PayPal when completing this application OR submitted by cheque in the mail. Payment is due within 5 days of the online submission of the online form.
- Any current members of the corporation of the Hamilton Festival Theatre Company (aka The Hamilton Fringe Festival) are not eligible to participate in this contest.
Posted by: Hamilton Fringe Festival
For more information: http://www.hamiltonfringe.ca/get-involved/new-play-contest