Deadline: Tuesday, December 17, 5:00pm
Next Generation Showcase will take place on Sunday, January 12 and Monday, January 13, 2020 at Theatre Passe Muraille in Toronto.
This unique two-day event provides emerging theatre artists the opportunity to introduce themselves to industry professionals, by showcasing their talents in front of casting directors, artistic directors, independent directors, producers, and agents. Many of the top theatre training programs from Ontario and beyond participate annually.
Showcase was first founded with recent Ontario-based theatre school graduates in mind. Over time it has become clear that there are other pathways leading into the industry in Ontario for emerging artists, and for
artists who identify as marginalized who may be facing barriers to attending theatre schools. We created the New Faces category to create a space for folks whose journeys have led them to entering the Ontario
theatre community recently, without attending an Ontario-based training institution.
Some examples of who we have in mind could be:
- Trans artists
- Newcomers to Canada
- Next-generation artists who have faced access barriers in theatre schools
- Recent (within 3 years) grads from training programs outside the province wishing to pursue their performing careers in Ontario
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to apply to "New Faces", you must fulfill the following criteria:
- You have not participated in Next Generation Showcase in the past (in your current identity);
- You currently reside, or plan to reside, in Ontario;
- You presently do not have an agent.
There are a very limited number of New Faces placements available. If the number of eligible applications that are received exceeds the number of slots available, Next Generation Showcase reserves the right to determine who will be selected.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send the following materials to Raeburn Ferguson, Managing Director of Next Generation Showcase at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "NEW FACES"
- resume (including contact info)
- head shot
- the two audition pieces you plan to present, each participant is allowed 2.5 minutes.
- You are welcome to sing but must provide own accompanist. TAKE NOTE: no tap dancing permitted on Passe Muraille stage
- a short (200-word) expression of interest (why are you submitting to New Faces)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
Tuesday, December 17, 5:00pm.
COST: If selected to participate, the cost is $55 for Showcase participation only, or $75 for Showcase plus a one-year TAPA (Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts) membership. Selected artists are responsible for their own travel costs to Toronto.
New Faces is presented with the support of the Stratford Festival Laboratory (@stratfestLAB).