The 2018 Next Stage Theatre Festival is now accepting applications from any artist who has participated in at least one Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals (CAFF).
Returning for its 11th season in January 2018, Next Stage (NSTF) showcases the work of ten up-and-coming Fringe artists, all staged at the Factory Theatre. Helping you remember the warm, summer days of July in January, Next Stage brings you 12 exciting days of theatre! With over 7,500 people attending the festival and over $89,000 in box office revenue returned to our 10 companies (2017 numbers), the Next Stage is here to help your production propel to the next level!
INTERESTED? A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ….
The playwright, primary contact or company must have participated in a CAFF festival, though they are not required to apply with a prior Fringe production.
There is no participation fee for successful candidates; however, please note that the Toronto Fringe will split box office revenues 70/30 with 70% going to the artist.
New works, reworked projects, original adaptations and remounts are all eligible. Productions of work by notable playwrights or of “the classics” are not.
The festival is juried by local theatre professionals.
Applications are now open and will close Monday, June 5, 2017 at 5pm. More information please call 416-966-1062, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our new applications portal, Eventotron, and click on Festivals. Select Next Stage. Review the information and then log in (or create a new log in). Once you have logged in the application form will be visible to you.
- The online form. (Select Festivals).
- One PDF including the following, which you will upload via the online form:
- Section A – A complete script or detailed description for non-text based productions.
- Section B – Artist Statement: (eg, consider your vision for the piece, why you want to produce at Next Stage and what you hope to achieve from being in the Festival).
- Section C – Biographies of participating artists and key personnel.
- Section D – Additional support materials (video, photographs, designs, etc.) Please direct us to links or hosting sites where we can view them without downloading.
Posted by: The Toronto Fringe
For more information: https://fringetoronto.com/festivals/next-stage/who-can-apply