Deadline: August 16, 2021 @ 11:59PM
About: The Community Arts Award is a $10,000 cash prize presented by Toronto Arts Foundation's Neighbourhood Arts Network. This award celebrates an artist that has made a significant contribution in Toronto by working with, in and for communities, while creating access and inclusion to arts and culture.
The Community Arts Award is part of our Vision Awards, presented in the fall of each year. This award is generously sponsored by MOD Developments Inc.
To be eligible for the award, all nominees must demonstrate a commitment and/or focus on community-engaged arts and access to arts and culture in Toronto. The nominee may not be awarded more than one Toronto Arts Foundation award within any given year.
How to Apply:
- Visit https://tac.smartsimple.ca/welcome/taf/
- Create a Smart Simple account
- Submit your nomination form
- Nominees can save their application at any time before submission by clicking ‘Save Draft.’ Nominees can log-in and out of TAF Awards portal as many times as needed before clicking ‘Submit.’
- Please ensure you are on the Toronto Arts Foundation Awards portal and NOT the Toronto Arts Council grants portal.
Here is some information you can prepare in advance for the online application:
- A short explanation of why the nominee should be considered for the award, explain how their body of work reflects their commitment to community arts.
- 100 word bio of the nominee.
- CV/resume (maximum 2 pages).
- Support material: this can be in the form of print material such as published materials, press clippings, or audio/visual items. Accepted file formats will be listed in the online application form.
Please contact Angie at email angie(at)torontoarts(dot)org
*The Community Arts Award was established in 2013 as the TD Diversity Award, and later re-named the Community Arts Award in 2018. The Community Arts Award is presented in the fall of each year.