Deadline: Sunday, July 26, 11:59 PM
We know that Black artists are more likely to be self-taught, less likely to receive mentorship, or secure significant opportunities to showcase their work. That’s why we’re launching Left of Centre, a 2-year artist incubator for emerging Black artists.
Recognizing that each artists’ goals and needs are different, Left of Centre offers a range of opportunities including creative consulting with established artists, artist talks & workshops, artistic feedback, and seed funding. All with the goal of helping artists to build artistic and business skills, and grow their networks.
Creative Catalyst: Meet Your Consultants
The Creative Catalyst stream is our first offering within the Left of Centre incubator, which allows us to bridge the gap between emerging and established Black artists by providing portfolio reviews, art installation guidance, one-on-one tutorials, and so much more. Our incredible roster of experienced artists will be working alongside a dedicated cohort of 24 emerging artists within the following disciplines:
- Curatorial Practice with Chiedza Pasipanodya
- Site-Specific & Experiential Art with Ashley McKenzie Barnes
- Photography with Djenabe Edouard or Ishmil Waterman
- Visual Art with Gordon Shadrach
- Creative Writing with Fiona Raye Clarke
- Grant Writing with Paulina O’Kieffe Anthony
- Business Development with Amoye Henry
The Creative Catalyst stream is application-based, with applications closing on Sunday, July 26, 11:59 PM