DEADLINE: THURSDAY, MARCH 15 2018 @ 11:59PM
Are you interested in writing criticism of theatre, dance, opera, & multidisciplinary performance work; are you an emerging critic; or are you an artist looking to enter the world of performance criticism? Generator is seeking participants for the The Performance Criticism Training Program (PCTP).
PCTP provides training & mentorship to artists and aspiring critics who are interested in producing performance criticism for print or other media. The PCTP is investing in these emerging critics to discover their own voice, style, tone with which they will fill these functions.
Six individuals will learn the skills to publish thoughtful criticism of live performance within the GTA. This program will combine hands-on learning and networking opportunities for emerging critics and journalists who want to focus on the arts, or artists looking to transition into criticism.
6 participants will be lead through weekly coursework, will attend a performance per week, & write a review of that performance which will be edited by guest teachers. They will also be included in NOW magazine’s Toronto Fringe coverage. Participants will be paid a fee of $1,000 to participate in the program & receive additional honoraria provided by NOW magazine for coverage of the Fringe.
A max 750-word written response to the following:
1. What skills do you have that make you a good performance critic?
2. Why do you want want to write performance criticism?
3. Do you currently self-identify as a performance critic?
4. What is your personal philosophy as a performance critic?
Please also include the following:
● CV/Resume (2 page max) including contact info for 2 references
● One letter of reference
● Attendance is mandatory. Must be available for:
○ Class work Mondays evenings from 6:30-9:30 pm - from April 30 - June 25 (excluding May 21)
○ Weekly attendance of a performance on Thursday or Friday evenings with a review turn around reviews by 11am the next day
○ Program Debrief and Celebration on Monday, July 16 - 6:30-9:30 pm
Complete submissions should be sent in one email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “PCTP Submission First Name Last Name” by no later than THURSDAY, MARCH 15, 2018 @ 11:59PM.
Full post here
Posted by: Generator
For more information: http://generatorto.com/