All applications must be received by March 22, 2019
, March 4, 2019 – A delegation of multidisciplinary performing arts presenters from northern and central Ontario communities will be visiting Toronto in May 2019 to see performances at Junior (Harbourfront Centre), WeeFestival (Theatre Direct) and Uptown Toronto International Children's Festival (Civic Theatres Toronto). This is your chance to show them your tour-ready work.
Eight professional Ontario-based artists/companies will be selected to pitch their work on Saturday, May 18, 2019 in Toronto for their chance to be presented in eleven communities across the province.
If selected, you will receive:
- Professional coaching to develop your pitch delivery and presentation skills
- Travel and accommodation for up to two representatives (only for artists/companies coming from outside Toronto/GTA)
- 10 minutes to pitch your work (with technical support) to a delegation of presenters, followed by a Q&A
The ideal artist/company for this opportunity would be:
- Bringing work geared towards a family or young audience (SK to grade 5)
- Able to animate their work with compelling and unique audience/community outreach and engagement activities
- Prepared to be on the road for two consecutive weeks during the 2020/21 season and expect to receive a presentation fee of $8,000-$14,000/week
- Adaptable to being presented in theatre spaces as well as community spaces (e.g. school auditoriums, town halls) with straightforward load-in/load-out and reasonable technical requirements
*IMPORTANT* Applicants must be professional artists, ad hoc groups/collectives, or organizations based in Ontario.
Please e-mail email@example.com and tell us why you think your work is a good fit to tour the Young Audience Circuit in the North (250-500 words).
- Your contact information (name, e-mail and phone number)
- Company/organization name and website URL (if applicable)
- Target age range for the work
- Summary and production/presentation history of the work
- Information about artists involved; identify if any are from Ontario Arts Council's six priority groups
- Related artistic support material (e.g. electronic press-kit, images and links to videos, etc.)
- Press coverage or reviews
- If you are able to provide any accessibility accommodations to support the presentation (e.g. ASL Interpretation, audio described performances, relaxed performances, etc.)
All applications must be received by March 22, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be notified by April 19, 2019. Pitch participants will be selected by an internal committee of representatives from Ontario Presents, the Ontario Arts Council and Canadian Heritage.
For further information on this opportunity, please visit Ontario Presents.
The following organizations make up the Young Audience Circuit in the North:
- Atikokan Children’s Entertainment Series (Atikokan)
- Children’s Delight Series of Dryden (Dryden)
- Geraldton Children’s Entertainment Series (Geraldton)
- Kids & Co. Fort Frances Family Entertainment Series (Fort Frances)
- Kids Kaleidoscope Entertainment Series (Sioux Lookout)
- Kirkland Lake Family Entertainment Series (Kirkland Lake)
- Over the Rainbow Children’s Entertainment Series (Sault Ste. Marie)
- Pied Piper Kidshows Inc. (Haileybury/Cobalt)
- Razzamataz Kids’ Shows! (Haliburton)
- Red Lake Family Entertainment Series (Red Lake)
- Sunday Smiles Family Entertainment Series (Kenora)