Call for proposals from Emerging and Established Artists, as well as Art Facilitators who identify as Black, Indigenous or People of Colour.
Especially Canadian artists from outside of Ontario.
Deadline: Monday, January 11, 2016
The rock.paper.sistahz Festival is a hand-picked and fully curated theatre festival teaming with quality, diversity, and raw energy to bring rarely told and unusual stories to the stage.
rps has been highlighting Black Women Artists since 2002, in our 4th edition we featured brothaz, and soon expanded to also feature alternative and innovative diverse artists of varying backgrounds and mediums. Canadian emerging and established Artists and Art Facilitators who identify as Black, Indigenous or People of Colour are encouraged to submit; we welcome submissions from women, men, trans and everything in between.
Along with theatrical submissions/proposals, we welcome other art ideas including: poetry & spoken word, dance, music, film/video screenings, visual art installations, storytelling, standup, artistic workshops, etc.
The 14th edition of rps is within b current’s Silver 25th Anniversary Season. With 25 being 5 to the power of 2 (52), we are seeking submissions riffing on what Higher Power means to you.
Our festival venues will include theatre spaces, rehearsal studios, and other spaces (including outdoors) to present your expansive ideas!
The festival may provide artists with these resources:
- Presentation fee or participation honoraria
- Presentation venue
- Promotion, technical & creative support
- Travel expenses/per diem support for out-of-town participants
- Fundraising support
To plunge into the 14th seriously creative game of rock.paper.sistahz, please submit:
- a) A brief cover letter saying who you are, and how/why you want to participate in the festival
- b) A bio and any press or published material on you and your work, as well as any other key members of your team [max: 5 pages].
- c) A short write-up or proposal which must include script or synopsis & description of the project/idea you would like to explore and/or present [max: 5 pages].
- d) If applicable: full script [for our reference].
- e) Any other support material (max: 2 pieces): links to short audio/video clips, website link, etc.
- f) Your full contact information: email address, phone number, and mailing address. If applicable: phone number & email address of director and any other key members of your team.
Submit via email by 11:59pm on Monday, January 11 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include ‘rps14’ plus the working title of your project in the subject line of the email i.e. ‘rps14 – Working Title’
Notification of acceptance into the festival will go out in February/March 2016.
If you have specific questions about your proposal or the festival, please forward a detailed message to email@example.com, include ‘rps14 - question’ in the subject line.
If you do not receive a response confirming receipt of your submission or question within 30 days, please contact us by phone.
For more information visit www.bcurrent.ca.