CALLING ALL PLAYMAKERS AND THEATRE ARTISTS!!
The 2nd ever! Short Short Play Festival
Toronto, January 12, 2016: The SoCap Theatre is currently accepting submissions for the 2nd ever! Short, Short Play Festival – scheduled to run from April 27 – May 1st, 2016. Come and join us!
Apply by February 20, 2016 for your chance to be involved in this exciting and popular festival.
What We’re Looking For
• Short plays and musicals
• Scripts that run between 15-20 minutes long (about 12-20 pages)
• Scripts that require minimal sets & tech
• Completed scripts should be submitted by email to email@example.com
• Include any company information (confirmed director and cast) and contact info.
• If directors and actors are not yet attached to a script, we can facilitate.
• The festival is open to union and non-union participants though a CAEA Festival Contract
• A script reading jury will select the plays for presentation. Announcements will be made by March
• Participants are expected to attend a photo call on April 16th and technical rehearsals on April 25th or 26th.
• Entrance fee is $75.00 (to be paid after selection).
What You Get
• 3 performances: 2 evening and one matinee (each show features 3 plays) over 5 days at the SoCap Theatre Performance Bar, 154 Danforth Ave, 2nd floor. The theatre has a capacity of 80 seats.
• All box office/ticket sales (split 3 ways between companies) per show. Ticket prices are $15.00 for general admission, $12.00 for students with one PWYC show.
• Full service box office & house technician as well as inclusion in promotional materials (posters, promo video, postcards), a festival program, plus free admission to all festival shows (may be standing room only).
• Free daytime rehearsal space will be shared amongst participants.
• Online review by Mooney On Theatre.
Contact Artistic Director, Melyssa Ade at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Posted by: The Social Capital Theatre
For more information: http://socap.ca/sspf2016