Free immersive summer program for artists taking their first steps into the professional arts world.
Workshops: Our workshops outline what steps to take after graduation upon entering the theatre world. Previous workshops include “Producing 101” by Julie Tepperman & Aaron Willis (Convergence Theatre), “Okay, I’ve Graduated … Now What the Hell Do I Do?” by Claire Wynveen, “You are the Product – How to Create and Sell your own Brand” by Lucy Eveleigh and a special workshop from the Artist Health Alliance.
Mentorship: Our mentorship program connects participants to artistic mentors who offer guidance and advice, connecting them with the inner workings of the artistic community. Mentors last year were Sarah “Pip” Bradford and Mina James.
Panel Discussions: The best of emerging and established theatre professionals come together to answer questions from participants. Past panelists include Marjorie Chan (Cahoots Theatre Company), Brandan Healy (Buddies in Bad times), and Amy Lee (U.N.I.T. Production / Morro & Jasp).
Rush Pass: Each participant is given a T.E.N.T. Rush Pass to the Fringe Festival and encouraged to see as many shows as possible.
- Be 19-24 years old.
- Be interested in a career in the performing arts, with a fondness for the nitty-gritty of the theatre world.
- Have experience in the performing arts world (either through post-secondary education or through working/volunteering in the theatre community).
- Be available during the Festival (July 1-12th, 2015).
- *We encourage participants of all performing arts backgrounds to apply.
- A cover letter outlining your past experience in the performing arts, what you hope to get out of the program, and what you hope to do in the future
- An up-to-date C/V (please keep to one page)
- A creative response (a story, poem, song, drawing, dance, particularly intricate spreadsheet….) as to why you want to participate in this program, or why you want a career in the performing arts
- A brief description of something that has inspired you
- *Please send all written documents as one file
Send applications to: email@example.com
Applications open: April 21, 2015
Submission deadline: May 25, 2015
Posted by: Toronto Fringe
For more information: http://fringetoronto.com/fringe-festival/youth/tent/