Inspired by new play development practices at Tarragon Theatre, the Young Playwrights Unit (YPU) offers a FREE training experience for young people who are curious and passionate about play-making.
Each year, the program provides a group of dedicated young writers the rigorous context in which to develop some of their first works. This year, with the intention of engaging as many young artists as possible, the YPU will be casting young performers to act in their staged readings.
Young actors will get to...
• Learn from a professional director, and perform in Tarragon’s Extraspace
• Discuss the actor’s role in new play development with Associate Artistic Director, Esther Jun
• Attend a workshop of an upcoming show in Tarragon’s 2018/2019 season
• Applicants must be aged 22 or under, and non-union
• Training in a theatre/acting program is an asset, but is not mandatory.
• Applicants must be available to participate in day-long play workshops at Tarragon on May 5th and May 13th, as well as June 23rd, and June 24th.
• Applicants must be available for evening performances on June 23rd and June 24th
Applicants of all genders, races, ethnicities, sexualities, abilities, and cultural backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
What to Submit:
• A headshot, resume, and brief statement that outlines your interest in new play development
• A list of the parts that you would like to be considered for (review casting breakdowns here )
• Please submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “YPU ACTOR SUBMISSION”. Questions about the opportunity can also be fielded via this email address
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT:
FRIDAY APRIL 13th, 2018 @ 5:00pm
This is a free learning opportunity.
Posted by: Tarragon Theatre
For more information: http://www.tarragontheatre.com/young-playwrights-unit/