Theatre School Grad? Or dropout? We want to hear your story!
Seeking submissions for The After Theatre School Project
There is a huge disparity between the expectations and reality of what life will be like after graduating from theatre school.
“I’m gonna be on Broadway” can sometimes turn into “I’m gonna work in restaurants, and then be an executive assistant, but eventually start my own theatre company”
This curated blog is a place for people to tell their stories; the good, bad and ugly. The unlikely and hilarious paths that this life has lead us down. This isn’t meant to be a sobering reality, but rather a resource to add some levity and fun truths about what life can be like after theatre school.
Some initial suggestions or prompts that you can include in your blog post:
- Where did you go to Theatre School and what was your experience?
- What did you expect your life would be like after graduating?
- What was it actually like?
- Did you find yourself in any jobs outside of theatre? Did your theatre background help or hinder you in those jobs?
- What were the delightfully unexpected results of following your passion?
This project is not meant to be a definitive history of an artist’s time since theatre school, it could be a small anecdote or interesting moment that one has found themselves in over the years.
For more information: http://aftertheatreschool.ca/