LEARN THE CRAFT OF THEATRE DIRECTING
Whether you're a novice or emerging director, having more tools and gaining a deeper understanding in the craft of theatre directing will better equip you in leading a cast. Surprisingly, many directors are not prepared enough -- simply because there aren't that many training opportunities for them.
Theatre inspiraTO, the producers of the inspiraTO Festival, is excited to present its theatre directing initative: The Director's Toolbox Program. The Director’s Toolbox aims to provide mentorship and training to new and emerging artists to develop as directors through critically and creatively engaging with a short theatrical production.
8 to 16 participants will be selected to be part of the Director's Toolbox Program. You will:
- attend an intensive weekend director’s training bootcamp: Fri. Jan. 12, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm; Sat. Jan. 13, 10 am to 5 pm; Sun. Jan. 14, 10 am to 5 pm. Workshops are held at Artscape Wychwood Barns at St. Clair and Bathurst (601 Christie St.). Please plan for time to do the assignments after each day. This is 17 hours of hands-on training! No experience is required -- just your full commitment.
- direct a ten-minute play at Canada’s largest ten-minute play festival (June 7 – June 16, 2018) and held at the Alumnae Theatre in Toronto.
- receive one-on-one feedback on your directing
- hold auditions (organized, and co-facilitated through the company, you will be given choices of dates to choose from)
- structure rehearsals will be held in April/May (determined and set by you)
- you must also attend a final workshop on Mon. June 11, from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm (Alumnae Theatre).
- deadline to apply: Nov. 1/2017.
All those interested must apply by filling out this form: CLICK HERE . Email it to our Daniel Carter, Community Outreach Lead by Nov. 1, 2017, 11:59 pm to: firstname.lastname@example.org. There are no fees to apply. We will notify applicants shortly after Nov. 1.
For more information, visit us: http://www.theatreinspirato.ca/directing/
OR get in contact with Daniel Carter, Community Outreach Lead: email@example.com
Application Form: https://goo.gl/forms/bgpeeXi9xk0QKUZi1
Posted by: Theatre InspiraTO
For more information: http://www.theatreinspirato.ca/directing/