Gay Play Day LGBTQ theatre festival is now accepting submissions from playwrights and/or directors for our fourth annual festival, which happens on September 25 & 26th, 2015.
Our venue this year is Fraser Studios at 76 Stafford Street in Toronto.
Gay Play Day is a festival of short plays written by LGBTQ writers about the LGBTQ experience.
Submission Guidelines -
- Each playwright and/or director may submit only one script - send us your best!
- We are only accepting electronic submissions in Word format.
- We are looking for short plays that run between 10 and 30 minutes in length.
- The title page should include the playwright's name, the character list and a brief synopsis of the play.
- The title page must also include the company's contact name (if different from playwright), address, phone number and email address.
- Plays should contain no more than 4 characters.
- Technical requirements should be fairly simple. Your set should also be minimal. We are interested in your stories, not your scenery or special effects.
- Musicals, children’s shows, and any unsolicited longer one-act or full-length plays are not accepted and will not receive a response.
- If selected, each company is responsible to cast and rehearse their own play.
- A tech person will be provided by Gay Play Day for the tech rehearsal and performances.
Companies are not offered any financial compensation for their involvement in Gay Play Day, however the festival is a great format to showcase your creative talents. (An honorarium MAY be offered to groups involved in the festival if funds permit.)
Gay Play Day is a non-Equity venture and has no association with Canadian Actors' Equity Association.
Please send script submissions to email@example.com
Our deadline for submissions is June 5th. Applicants will be notified of inclusion in the festival by June 15th. We look forward to reading your script submissions!
Posted by: Gay Play Day LGBTQ theatre festival
For more information: http://gayplayday.blogspot.ca