TAPA Welcomes Submissions to Nominate Jurors to the 2016/17 Dora Award Juries
The Dora Jury Selection Committee is now accepting nominations for eligible candidates to participate as Dora Jurors for the 2016/17 season.
Deadline for Nominations: Friday, January 29, 2016
Nominations to be submitted online here: http://tapa.ca/dora-awards/about/jurors/
Dora Jurors must be nominated by two (2) TAPA member companies.
The Jurors’ year begins at the beginning of May and ends mid-June the following year.
In order to be considered, candidates for the Dora Juries must agree to:
- have their name submitted to the Jury Selection Committee for consideration
- have their name submitted to the TAPA Board of Directors for consideration
- aim to attend 100% of productions registered in their Division
- attend all 3-4 jury meetings throughout the year
- adhere to all Dora policies regarding confidentiality, conflict of interest and voting
- maintain regular communication with their Jury Chair regarding attendance
- keep diligent notes on all eligible productions attended
Average number of productions per season
- General Theatre: 40-50
- Independent Theatre: 60-80
- Musical Theatre/Opera: 30-40
- Theatre for Young Audiences: 15-25
- Dance: 40-50
Dora Jurors receive:
- 2 tickets to every eligible production that is registered in their Division
- 2 VIP tickets to the Dora Mavor Moore Awards at the end of the year
PLEASE NOTE: NOMINATION TO A DORA JURY DOES NOT GUARANTEE A SPOT ON THE JURY