Introduction and Methodology
- The Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts is pleased to present findings of a survey of 164 of our member organizations
- Results are based on an online survey of TAPA members conducted through March 17 to 21, 2020. The survey was sent to 164 member organizations. Of these, 90 were able to complete the survey. As such, the response rate for the study is 55%
- The survey results are shared in aggregate only
- Note: Proportions may not sum to 100% due to rounding.
- Many TAPA members at time of survey were in process of cancelling shows, and/or determining the remainder of their seasons. It is understood that we received ballpark estimates.
- 82% of TAPA members anticipate a decrease in philanthropic giving to their organizations
- 17.98% of TAPA Members anticipate an increase in philanthropic giving to their organizations
- TAPA members experiencing decrease of ticket revenue is nearly 86%
- Estimated total financial losses projected for the next 3 months: $500 million
- Total shows registered for the Dora Mavor Moore Awards in the 2019/2020 season: 202
- Total Unaffected Productions: 171 or 85% of registered productions
- Total Cancelled Productions To Date: 31 or 15% of registered productions