Queen’s Players Toronto Theatre Group is seeking qualified and motivated candidates to apply to be the Artistic Director (AD) of the company for a two-year term.
Applications are due Monday October 12th.
Exact start & end dates TBD.
An ideal candidate(s) is willing to collaborate with the QPT board, and will unreservedly put the needs of the company first.
The AD(s) should be someone who, or a team that:
• Upholds and balances QPT’s three pillars* at all times, and places the best interests of the company (including its members, audience, sponsors and charities) first in all regards
• Makes decisions with integrity, impartiality, authority and autonomy
• Is an ethical, effective, collaborative and decisive leader
• Will help QPT stay true to those traditions and characteristics that make us so unique, while simultaneously being innovative, curious, ambitious and open to new and complimentary ideas for the sustainability and growth of the company within our mandate*
The Role and Responsibilities of the AD(s):
• Act as the public face and spokesperson of the company with support from the board and the broader membership
• Set the tone and culture of the organization and its overall cohesiveness
• Be the artistic leader of the organization
• Regularly report to the Board of Directors and Executive of Queen’s Players Toronto both formally and informally throughout their term
• Be responsible for the recruitment of the production team and performers
• Hire and supervise artistic and technical personnel such as the production team
• Assist the production team as needed with the selection of performers
• Cultivate and execute sustainable artistic and strategic plans
• Develop and oversee the implementation of the full QPT season with the assistance of the Board and the wider QPT community
• Collaborate with the Board on public relations, marketing and sponsorship efforts
• Understand that there will be some decisions, artistic and otherwise, which will require the board to be informed, have input, and/or provide approval
• Experience in theatre, comedy, the arts etc.
• Must be an effective and motivational leader
NOTE: At this time, the role of Artistic Director will be a part time volunteer position.
*Produce shows of a high quality; recognize and reward the efforts of our volunteers, and donate a portion of our proceeds to charity.
Posted by: Queen's Players Toronto Theatre Group
For more information: http://www.queensplayerstoronto.com/Home.html