Artistic Producer – Crapshoot (“Curating Residency”)
As Artistic Producer, you will be responsible for organizing and curating each of the “Crapshoot” Afterhours events throughout the course of Theatre Passe Muraille’s season. This includes:
- Soliciting/ Auditioning performers to fill each evening
- Enlisting 2-3 Artist Guest Adjudicators, who can offer feedback to the performers
- Organizing and liasing all technical rehearsals for the artists and technicians
- Hosting each evening
- Available to work closely with the TPM staff to co-ordinate all announcements, submissions and Facebook events
- Promotion and organizing of each Crapshoot
- Engage with the Artistic Community to develop positive, constructive ways to engage with Emerging and New Career Artists.
Crapshoot is an event for emerging and New Career artists. It is held approximately three times each season as part of After Hours @ TPM. Artists of different disciplines are selected and given ten minutes to perform on our Cabaret Stage. At the end of each night the audience, along with three esteemed adjudicators, vote for one performance and that artist/group to be invited to perform for up to twenty minutes at the next Crapshoot. In addition the “winner” will receive eight hours of time in the rehearsal hall, and two hours of mentorship of their choosing (dramaturgy, outside eye, producing, grant writing, etc.).
The ideal candidate is
- A self-starter who will take initiative to organize and grow the impact of the even
- Is a “New Career” or “Emerging” artist looking for an opportunity to curate
- Has an interest in a career in Artistic Producing/Artistic Direction
- Has an interest in creating showcase opportunities for New Career Artists
- Is comfortable hosting the event
- Identifies and shows commitment to TPM’s values of Inclusion, risk, and collaboration.
Though this is an unpaid “arms-length” position, the Crapshoot Artistic Producer is a valued part of TPM providing artistic community outreach. This is more of a “Curating residency” And as such – if desired – will receive mentorship from the Associate Artistic Producer and Artistic Director. It is TPM’s desire to grow the career of this candidate.
To apply: Please send a one-page letter of interest and CV to Jivesh Parasram, Associate Artistic Producer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Deadline for submissions:
Monday June 26th at 11:59pm
Posted by: Pandemic Theatre/Theatre Passe Muraille
For more information: http://passemuraille.ca/archives/get-involved/artists