We’re Solar Stage Children’s Theatre - a fun, diverse and accessible family theatre based in North York, and we’re looking for motivated, multi-talented and community-minded people to join our volunteer Board of Directors.
Board members must balance work and family life with regular attendance of committee meetings and shows, with contributions in any number of ways to the life of the company, while spreading the word about our theatre’s activities and productions while taking an active role as fundraisers.If you’d like to join us in helping to create enriching and engaging family theatre, please read on and see how you can help us on the Board of Directors.
Who are we looking for?
- Passionate and tenacious artists, educators, parents and community members who are responsive and enthusiastic
- Invested in the development of quality family theatre
- Willing to roll up their sleeves, or learn a new skill
- Open, personable and excited to spread the word about Solar Stage
- Committed to Solar Stage’s success and representing the company to our community
How can you contribute?
- Fundraising Experience
- Like any independent, non-profit theatre, we look to our Board to help us with our fundraising goals to help continue our artistic mandate.
With that in mind, experience with, or readiness to learn about the following, are an asset:
- Crowdfunding campaigns
- A working knowledge of the grant application process, from the municipal to the federal funding level
- Mailing and phone campaigns
- Corporate and private citizen outreach
- Sponsorship Coordination
Marketing and Promotion:
With the limited budgets of independent theatre, strong communication skills and an entrepreneurial spirit are of great importance in helping us getting more exposure for Solar Stage and expanding our audience size.
- Local media and school board outreach
- Seeking cross-promotional opportunities with local business
- Social media marketing for small business
- Media and influencer database development
- Graphic design and lightweight web design
If you have a flair for paperwork, an eye for detail, or a head for numbers, there is definitely a role for you on the Solar Stage Board as we’re always looking for members to help with the day-to-day operations, both in our office and backstage. Your administrative experience and professional skills are welcome here.
If interested, please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Michelle Gram
Posted by: Solar Stage Theatre
For more information: www.solarstage.on.ca