dance: made in canada/fait au canada is looking for it's festival next month August 13th - 16th.
dance: made in canada / fait au canada (d:mic/fac) is looking for volunteers for its biennial contemporary dance festival. The festival includes a curated Mainstage Series, lottery-drawn Late Night Series, WYSIWYG and an Arts Encounters program of additional interdisciplinary programming such as dance films.
The festival will occur August 13th – 16th, 2015 in and around the Betty Oliphant Theatre (404 Jarvis Street, Toronto).
Volunteers are a vital part of making dance: made in canada / fait au canada (d:mic/fac) a success. Volunteers will have the opportunity to be the face of the festival, welcoming our audiences to all events, engaging with members of the dance community, assisting with the set up of displays and Arts Encounters materials and most importantly, making the festival happen. We strive for a welcoming atmosphere for our volunteers to work and contribute. dance: made in canada / fait au canada (d:mic/fac) simply would not be such a successful festival without the support and dedication of its volunteers.
Volunteers must be able to stand for long periods of time, be confident assisting patrons, able to work outdoors for long periods, have a passion for dance and the performing arts.
Shifts are approximately four hours in length between 5pm and 1am between August 13th and 16th. There is no minimum requirement for number of shifts.
In return for your hard work and dedication, dance: made in canada / fait au canada (d:mic/fac) offers their volunteers:
- The opportunity to contribute their skills and abilities whilst gaining knowledge and experience through participation in an exceptional contemporary dance festival.
- The chance to work alongside dancers, choreographers and industry professionals.
- The opportunity to share your love for dance.
- Access to d:mic/fac performances and events.
- The appreciation and thanks of the d:mic/fac team.
- Volunteering with d:mic/fac can be used towards High School Volunteer Hours
The following shifts are available for the 2015 festival:
- August 13th 5:30pm – 9:00pm, 8:30pm – 11pm
- August 14th 5pm – 9:00pm, 8:30pm – 12:30am
- August 15th 1:00pm – 4:00pm, 3:30pm – 7:00pm, 6:30pm – 11:30pm
- August 16th 1:00pm – 5:30pm, 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Posted by: dance: made in canada/fait au canada
For more information: https://princessproductions.ca/dance/what-we-do/current-festival/