On sale until October 1 $225.00 ($275.00 after)
A WORKSHOP AND COMPETITION SHOW IN THE FIERCE VULNERABILITY OF MALE DRAG
EXCLUSIVELY FOR WOMEN AND NON-BINARY PERFORMERS
Drag queens aren't the only funny ones. Not by a longshot. We will find, hone, and fully work out the stupid male asshole inside of you, so that you can slay the competition at being a hilarious, unique and very very manly drag king. Through exercises based in clown, grotesque and physical theater, we will hone your man body, clarify your physical and vocal expression, and get you pumped full of generally funny male juice. Note that this is not a costume or makeup workshop. Those are great skills to have of course, but this class will focus on performance.
In this 2-day intensive workshop and competition show experience, expect the following!
- Discovery and exploration of your own Drag King character, suitable for drag shows and competition, as well as just taking him out and parading him around town.
- Personalized feedback (and plenty of it)
- More understanding of what "stage magnetism" means for you, and how to really harness your performative power, both in and out of drag
- Lip syncing and interpretive dance
- A unique performance experience with your drag king brothers, complete with celebrity judges and a phallic trophy
- More wildness, more bravery, more vulnerability
- Laughing a lot
Participation in the workshop entitles you to compete in a Drag King Show competition. The winner will earn the Title of Mr. Big Toronto and the envy of all of their less-macho friends.
Posted by: Sweet Action Theatre Company
For more information: https://www.sweetaction.ca/workshops/drag-king-comedy-with-deanna-fleysher-october-2019