Geared specifically to artists, performers and designers of all types, Artscape Launchpad's new workshops offer practical learning sessions on the topics you need for your creative business to thrive.
GNITE WORKSHOP SERIES:
Digital Marketing - Focus on Marketing Magic & Deliver it! with Saul Colt
Nov 14, 6:00-8:00 PM | Artscape Youngplace | $25
- Saul Colt (The Idea Integration Company) explains why marketing is about influence, connections, experience, emotions & entertainment - but most of all magic!
Fast-Track to Market: Effective, Authentic Communication with Franca Miraglia
Nov 16, 6:00-8:00 PM | Artscape Youngplace | $25
- A brilliant new idea can open doors, but you can’t advance through them without effectively telling your story. Franca Miraglia (By the Word) shows you how.
THEATRE ONTARIO WORKSHOP SERIES:
Nov 22, 3:00-5:00 PM | Artscape Youngplace | $60
- Are stress and anxiety sabotaging your performance career? In this two-hour hands-on workshop Jorie Morrow, professional actor, meditation teacher and social worker/therapist, teaches practical strategies to help conquer performance anxiety, enhance your performance skills and increase general wellness.
Launching Your Acting Career
Nov 22, 6:00-8:00 PM | Artscape Youngplace | $35
- This workshop is for actors beginning their professional careers. In this two-hour workshop, Rachel Kennedy and guest actor Claire Armstrong will answer the most frequently asked questions about the business of acting. Find out about: the realities of showbiz, becoming an actor, auditions & casting, affiliations & resources, and managing your career.
Ready, Set, Show! Foundations of Indie Producing
Dec 6, 6:00-8:30 PM | Artscape Youngplace | $40
- Thinking of producing your first show or starting a theatre company? This session is for you! We'll cover the basics of self-producing and you will get the opportunity to ask questions, try out ideas, organize your planning, work on scheduling and budgeting, and learn about available resources and services. Presented by Theatre Ontario's Rachel Kennedy and special guest Rebecca Perry.