Wednesday May 30, 2018
3:00pm - 5:00pm
Theatre Ontario Boardroom
Suite 350, 401 Richmond Street West, Toronto
What is Marketing?
Marketing is the process of teaching consumers (audiences) that they should choose your “product” (show) over your competitors (every other artist in town). If you are not doing that, you are not marketing.
Creating theatre in Toronto (anywhere) can be really hard. It takes a lot of time, money and resources which you don’t always have access to. When you are an independent producer/artist and wearing 1000 different hats, you may not have the time to give marketing the attention it needs or the budget to hire someone to manage it. Creating the art should always come first… but what’s the point if you can’t get audiences to see it?
This workshop is for independent theatre producers and will focus on:
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram…how, when and why to use each platform)
- Email Marketing (Yes… it’s still a thing)
- Media Releases (how to write one, who to send it to and when)
- Event Listings
- Print Marketing (how to effectively take advantage of posters and postcards with low cost
- Face to Face marketing (talking points and how to convince strangers to see your show)
- AND SO MUCH MORE (seriously… so much more)
We will talk about how to properly plan all of this in advance and what free apps/website can help with that process.
$40 plus HST Regular Price
$32 plus HST Equity Members
$20 plus HST Theatre Ontario Individual Members
For more info call: 416-408-4556 x 10
Posted by: Theatre Ontario
For more information: https://www.theatreontario.org/training/courses-and-workshops/details/Marketing-on-a-Dim-Promote-Your-%20Performance-to-your-audience-!.aspx