2 Sessions in July and August
The Dirt Underneath is heading into its second round of Online Classes beginning July 13th. We are offering the following classes:
ONLINE THEATRE STUDY WITH JOHN GORDON
A 6 week Theatre Study class, exploring a range of playwrights. All classes will be focused on exploring plays the student is interested in pursuing. Some suggestions for playwrights include, but are not limited to…
- Edward Albee
- Caryl Churchill
- Stephen Adly Guirgis
- Duncan Macmillan
- Tarell Alvin McRaney
- Suzan-Lori Parks
- Sarah Ruhl
- Simon Stephens
- Each week students will perform monologues from a playwright of their choice.
- All classes will be held by video via Zoom conferencing.
- Maximum 6 actors per class (6 in Tuesday’s class, 6 in Wednesday’s class, in Thursday’s class, 6 in Friday’s class)
- Between the six students, you will research and present over the course of 6 weeks your chosen playwright’s Influences, Contemporaries, Themes, Character Points of View, How The Plays Are Staged and Use Of Punctuation and Stage Directions.
OPTIONS FOR CLASSES:
- Mondays 2-5pm – 6 weeks beginning Monday July 13 + ending on August 17 (**class on Simcoe Day/Aug 3 will be 6-9pm)
- Wednesdays 2-5pm – 6 weeks beginning Wednesday July 15 + ending August 19
SELF-TAPE AUDITION STUDY WITH SHUAN MCCOMB
Self-Tape Auditions is a forum of acting like no other. These week-long sessions break apart the self-tape audition process from call to submission to find the most effective approaches, practices and execution for you. The goal of the week long course is for the student to become better at self-directing and to feel more confident during the self-tape audition process.
- Actors will work on one scene for the week and are given a choice from The Dirt’s expanding database of material.
- Two Self-Tape submissions to be reviewed by SM.
- Two 2.5 hour Zoom meetings, Monday & Thursday afternoons.
- A one-to-one video call or email exchange with SM to review 2nd self-tape submission.The teaching focus will include: recreating positive audition energy, improving the environment (likely in the actors’ home) to enhance lighting + camera placement during self-tape filming, and honing self-direction.
Options for classes:
- July 13-19
- July 22-Aug 2
- Aug 10-16
- Aug 24-30
For more details click here: https://dirtunderneath.com/classes/
* Early Bird Deadline for John Gordon's class is June 28th
Posted by: The Dirt Underneath Actors' Space
For more information: https://dirtunderneath.com/