The World Health Organization has called stress the epidemic of the 21st century.
Artists are particularly prone to it. Protect yourself with strategies from this two-pronged workshop for artists of all disciplines that will help you take control of your personal finances and manage your personal stress.
SmART Money: Personal Finance Strategies for Artists with Natasha Mytnowych
Are you stressed about your personal finances, juggling your bills and watching your debts creep larger and larger? Does your self-employed or irregular income make it hard to stay on top of it all?
This workshop offers insights and techniques to help you to feel more confident and knowledgeable about your financial needs, and tips for making the most of your hard earned cash.
This workshop offers:
- A simple approach for getting organized today and setting achievable goals for the future
- Tips for tracking your expenses, paying off debt, weighing decisions and being best prepared for tax time
- Access to a planning and tracking tool that you can easily customize and update (Microsoft Excel 2010 or later required)
Balanced Mind: Techniques for Managing Stress
with Leisa Bellmore, Shiatsu Therapist
We all experience stress, which affects us physically, mentally and emotionally. But how we address it determines the impact it will have on our bodies and minds and our ability to create or perform.
Facilitator Leisa Bellmore, Shiatsu Therapist at the Al & Malka Green Artists’ Health Centre, will guide you through this interactive workshop.
You will learn:
- The effects of stress on our health and how to take control of it.
- Self-shiatsu and other effective self-care techniques to manage stress and anxiety.
- The quick fix: how to reduce stress in 60 seconds.
Take control of your finances, health and well being and improve your quality of life!
Date: Saturday, February 27, 2016.
Time: 11:00 am – 3:30 pm
Location: STAF (192 Spadina Ave. Suite 201)
To learn more & register, click here.
Posted by: Artists' Health Alliance & STAF
For more information: http://artistshealth.com/