With government grants ever-shrinking, many more arts & cultural organizations are looking to Canadian companies to step in and provide the financial support necessary to fuel growth and development.
The promise of “easy money” makes sponsorship very appealing but without a disciplined approach it can become a resource-suck that doesn’t really deliver. This session will help arts organizations navigate how best to approach corporations and build the skills necessary to negotiate mutually beneficial partnerships.
This informative and interactive session will provide participants with information and experience in the following areas:
- Defining your unique offering in business-friendly terms
- Targeting viable prospective sponsors
- Presentation skills for new business pitches
- Getting the deal done
- Delivering excellent service vs a life of servitude
- This session is suited for small to medium arts & cultural organizations looking to build the skills of existing sponsorship team member(s). To see other professional development programmes available, check out www.bytheword.ca
This workshop is part of the Business Skills for Growth workshop series, an Artscape Launchpad initiative, which offers opportunities to develop creative entrepreneurship and business skills for the creative and cultural sector. To find out more about Artscape Launchpad and other workshops in the Business Skills for Growth series, and to sign-up to the Artscape Launchpad subscriber list, please visit www.artscapelaunchpad.ca
Posted by: Artscape Business Skills for Growth
For more information: http://www.artscapelaunchpad.ca/