Only full time employees of companies registered with TAPA as Professional Members or Non-Producing Members for the current Membership year may apply to TRIP. Interns enrolled in a full or part-time degree-granting program are not eligible to apply to TRIP.
TAPA Member companies applying to TRIP must meet the following requirements:
- Be registered as a non-profit professional producing company for a minimum of three years;
- Have a history of producing and mounting theatre productions within the past 3 years;
- Employ professional artists and administrators;
The Fall Retreat is available during the following dates *ONLY*:
- October 15, 2018 - October 21, 2018
Extended Application Deadline for Retreat Component only in 2018
- August 31, 2018
An independent selection committee of experienced theatre professionals will be looking for proposals with a clearly articulated plan that addresses the following criteria (Application not to exceed 8 pages):
- Resume or bio of all primary collaborators, not to exceed 2 pages per person;
- Theatre history and mission of all collaborating theatres, not to exceed one page per theatre;
- Project budget;
- Proposal of three pages or less describing the specific project;
- Letter of invitation (if applicable);
- Applications involving a visiting artist must include a signed letter of intention from the artist;
- Itinerary (1 page);
- Evidence of commitment, ability and a clear plan to develop the proposed relationship of project;
- Anticipated impact of the trip/retreat to the individual applicant/company;
- If you are only partially funded through TRIP will the applicant still be able to partake in the proposed trip? How will this affect the project?;
- Evidence of the applicant’s interest and/or experience in international theatre work or cross-cultural theatre exchange (if applicable);
- Other reasons for wanting to engage in the proposed activities;
- If you are applying to The Flight Component please request a specific amount of money that does not exceed $1,000.00.
- Flights that have already been booked on points will not be covered.
Sorry. You must be logged in to view this form.