Vision: TAPA is the voice of theatre, dance and opera in Toronto.
Mission: To nurture an environment in which theatre, dance and opera may flourish and play a leadership role in the vitality of the City of Toronto. The Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts:
- Unites the disciplines of theatre, dance, and opera to celebrate and strengthen the performing arts in Toronto;
- Promotes and advocates on behalf of a large and diverse membership of professional performing arts practitioners, to legislators, public and private sector funding bodies, and to the general public;
- Provides marketing opportunities and professional development services to its membership.
Core Beliefs: TAPA is a champion of theatre, dance and opera.
- TAPA exists because it has the power to speak with one voice in order to improve the environment for all theatre/performing arts in Toronto.
- TAPA believes that a city is enriched by participation in culture.
- TAPA builds community and partnerships.
- TAPA is a relevant and effective organization that believes:
- We need to be bold strategically and collaboratively
- We need to reassess our programs and services continually in order to determine if they support the development of a healthier environment and serve the membership.
- TAPA values flexibility and fluidity as core strengths.
- TAPA responds to opportunities and situations in a positive way.
Working Values: Defining the Culture of TAPA
In everything TAPA undertakes we work to be fair, open, transparent and honest. TAPA builds networks, community and partnership
- TAPA plans for growth and moves forward.
- TAPA invests in human resources in order to achieve organizational objectives.
- The Board serves as a collaborative problem solving group.
- TAPA believes in organizational learning and is open to new knowledge, in not being tied to apparent strictures or perceived barriers.
- TAPA aims to provide a wide range of programs and services that meet the disparate need of our diverse membership.