Balancing Act advocates for greater accessibility, equality and inclusion for caregivers* working in the performing arts.
We collaborate with artists, arts workers, and arts organizations to develop pathways for change at an individual, organizational, and systemic level.
*Balancing Act’s definition of caregiver includes individuals who care for children, older adults, those in need of personal care, and anyone who self-identifies as a caregiver.
- Intisar Awisse – Dramaturgy & Artistic Curation Intern, WhyNot Theatre
- Maev Beaty – Actor; Canadian Actors Equity Association Council
- Neema Bickersteth – Performer, Creator
- Ella Cooper – Founder, Black Women Film! Canada
- Lisa Karen Cox – Director; Assistant Professor, Ryerson University
- Sarah Cullen – Founder, MOTHRA: Artist-Parent Project
- Andrea Donaldson – Artistic Director, Nightwood Theatre
- Lucy Eveleigh – Executive Director, Toronto Fringe
- Chelsea Haberlin – Artistic Director, NewWorld Theatre
- Beth Helmers – Artistic Director, Community Arts Guild
- Ruth Howard – Artistic Director, Jumblies Theatre
- Jacoba Knaapen – Executive Director, Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts
- Djennie Laguerre – Actor, Author, Storyteller
- Julie Lebel – Artistic Director, Foolish Operations
- Shira Leuchter – Actor, Theatre Creator
- Ken MacKenzie – Associated Designers of Canada
- Weyni Mengesha – Artistic Director, Soulpepper Theatre
- Sheila Kearney Miller – EDI-R Committee, Soulpepper Theatre and Young Centre
- Viv Moore – Dance, Theatre Artist
- Janelle Rainville – Executive Director, Stage Managing the Arts
- Kelly Read – Executive Director, WhyNot Theatre
- Adrienne Wong – Artistic Director, SpiderWebShow Performance
- Claire Wynveen – Communications Manager, Toronto Fringe
The Canadian Green Alliance
A national not-for-profit devoted to bridging the gap between sustainability & theatre.
Co-founders: Julia McLellan & Tess Benger
CGA, TAPA and Singular Sensation collaborate to present the monthly Green Panel Series of professionals discussing methods of rethinking theatrical processes for a greener future.