The Commercial Theatre Development Fund (CTDF) is funded through the Ontario Heritage Trust, and administered by the Toronto Alliance of Performing Arts (TAPA) with the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport.
- To assist the Ontario commercial theatre sector through associations with Ontario-based producers who seek to present small to mid-sized commercial theatre productions in Ontario.
- To assist productions that are chosen on the basis of their profit-making potential so that the CTDF remains sustainable and is managed independently by the theatre community.
- To encourage small to mid-sized Ontario productions, with a particular emphasis on original Canadian works or works performed outside of Toronto.
CTDF Eligibility Criteria & Requirements (abridged):
An eligible applicant must meet all the following mandatory requirements:
- Must be Canadian
- Must be situated in Ontario
- Must be a member of the Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts (TAPA)
An eligible production must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Must have private support, and must not be seeking or relying upon any government (federal, provincial or municipal) support
- Must be “scripted”, in that the production does not change from night to night (stand-up comics, improvisation, etc are not eligible)
- Production budget ceiling of $1,000,000. (One million Canadian dollars)
- Only French or English language productions are eligible
- Must not have excessive financial participation by a non-Canadian
- Must provide employment opportunities
For more information or to receive full guidelines please contact Jacoba Knaapen, TAPA Executive Director at 416-536-6468 ext. 25.
The Commercial Theatre Development Fund is currently under review. Town Hall Summary Available.
No applications are currently being accepted.