Targeted specifically for organizations working with newcomers and at-risk youth, the citySPECIAL enables access to attend the performing arts at no cost, based on the premise that Toronto’s performing arts should be accessible to everyone.
How Does It Work?
- Participating theatres provide free tickets to citySPECIAL.
- Subscribed social service organizations receive an email listing of all shows available with the number of tickets on which dates are available.
- Participating agencies distribute ticket information to their clients and volunteers to submit booking requests.
- Tickets are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Tickets are held at the venue’s box office and must be picked up 30 minutes before the performance starts, or they will be released as needed for sale to the public.
To register your agency/organization for the citySPECIAL program, please complete the following application form:
Scott Dermody, Outreach Manager
As part of my re-entry into the workplace in my chosen field, Workman Arts’ participation in citySPECIAL was crucial. The process of recovery needs rest and recreation as well as insight into the commonality of the human condition. The act of sharing a meaningful artistic experience cannot be underestimated in healing value. Hats off to all those who make the program possible thereby showing compassion and a desire to lighten the load of people so often disenfranchised by society.
Thank you kindly for your generous support of tickets to Yonge Street Mission. Your donation will make a vital and immediate impact in the lives of street youth, families in need, and adults experiencing chronic poverty in our community. We are grateful for your kindness and compassion.
Honestly, we share our praises for this program all over the country when we present and speak about how we get gang involved youths to exit and leave gangs. Well this is one of the very needed and underrated resources…