As you are now aware, yesterday the government of Ontario announced that effective Wednesday 12:01 am Jan 5, 2022, we are returning to a modified version of Step Two of the ROADMAP TO REOPEN, in province-wide measures that will be in effect for at least 21 days until January 26, 2022.
- Read the news release here
- Technical Briefing: Modified Step Two of the Roadmap to Reopen – Presentation Slides
- Updated restrictions and how they affect TAPA members
- Indoor rehearsals will be permitted
- Broadcast and live streaming will be permitted
- Theatre venues closed and no indoor performances permitted
There is no doubt that this is a terrible time for the theatre, dance and opera sector. The newest measures and guidelines are requiring many of you to pivot yet again with new scenario planning. This is not the news that any of us were hoping for, and we know you are exhausted.